Monday, November 12, 2007

Satisfaction

I feel the gold gust of wind whipping my hair onto my face. Where once my body of living flesh and blood would have felt the chill of the morning air, my body of clay felt none.

My soul is distressed. It tosses and trashes in my body, clearly unsettled.

It longs to go back to the girl who holds my soul but I would never permit it to do so until my task in the world of living has finally been completed.

I reflect on my reincarnation who has also stolen the heart of my once beloved. I long to hate her with every fiber of my being, to despise her as scorn at her pathetic attempts to reign her power that once belonged to me - but I could not. I simply could not hate a girl who is so alike me and yet so different in many ways. I could not dislike the girl who saved my life, even at the cost of her possible happiness - whose lack of hesitation allowed me to continue my quest on the land of living.

I realize that should the person I used to be had not been burdened with the responsibility of the village priestess, I would almost be identical to her in personality. But that was not my destiny, not the path set for me by the Gods. Who am I to question their actions or decisions?

As I stare at my reincarnation and I think of the people who I once knew comparing her to me, measuring if she fell short and looking at her with a critical eye, I realize that even if the Gods has not been fair to me, They have not denied me the simple joy of satisfaction.


No comments: